• Participate and be involved in the local community
• Meet new people and make friends
• Share your strengths, passions, ideas and interests
• Gain work experience
• Learn new skills and build upon your knowledge base
• Strengthen confidence, self awareness, self-esteem and communication skills
• Donate your time and expertise
• Demonstrate your capabilities
• Try something new and have fun in a collaborative team environment
Our Volunteer Program focus
We aim to ensure that:
• Opportunities in volunteering are available for everyone
• We match you to roles that align with your interests and abilities—if you’re not sure, ask us!
• Everyone involved with volunteering is appropriately supported
• We offer training and development opportunities within the volunteer role
• We are flexible around your volunteering time
We aim to be inclusive of everyone. Our Centre includes:
Ramp access, accessible bathroom, wide doorways, accessible car parking spaces, large computer screens, adjustable chairs, ergonomically sound work stations.
How Can You Get involved?
• Direct Service
• Project Development
• Bus Driving
Having moved to the area and not knowing anyone I decided to do some volunteering. I wanted to become an involved community member and make new friends.
I have been at Southlake Community Services for over 3 years and have been involved in quite a few programs over that time and have helped instigate a few new ideas.
I could see a vision of encompassing all areas of the organisation, community garden, commercial kitchen and opportunity to do fundraising. I have always had an interest in gardening and have been given the opportunity to help guide the regeneration of the community vegetable garden. This is being achieved through fundraising activities at the centre with the help of all our inspirational volunteers, making the garden project self sufficient.
The freedom and empowerment to follow my interests as a volunteer has been very rewarding and satisfying, to even working at home, outside my committed hours at the centre