Rent Choice Youth
Southlake Youth Service has recently been approved by the Department of Communities and Justice as a partnering support agency of their Rent Choice Youth initiative. The program has been developed as an early intervention measure to reduce youth homelessness in NSW.
The aims of Rent Choice Youth are to:
• Assist young people to find a private rental to live in
• Meet tenancy obligations
• Subsidise rental payments for up to three years
• Increase access to education and employment
Eligible young people only pay 25% of their weekly income plus 100% of any rental assistance they receive, and the outstanding amount is then subsidised.
The eligibility criteria for Rent Choice Youth consists of:
• 16-24 years of age
• Australian Citizenship
• Motivated to work and/or study
• Able to live independently in the private rental market
• Low income and/or Centrelink payment
As part of the program, young people are also eligible for $2,000 of brokerage to assist with purchasing furniture and other household items, along with resources for education and employment.
We are now taking enquiries and referrals from young people, community services organisations and real estates.
Contact Brooke Murphy today for more info via 02 4973 7000 or 0490 469 151 or use the form below: